glibc source rpm and nptl

I was attempting to rebuild glibc from the source rpm and noticed the spec file does not
utilize nptl and does not specify it as an addon, but instead uses the linuxthreads addon.
The Fedora Core 1 announcements indicate that NPTL is used (and the kernel sources
do utilize NPTL). Is the the glibc spec file accurate? I used both the original glibc src
rpm and the updated rpm [using the updated binary rpm] and both build without NPTL support.

Is the spec file correct?

Thanks,
Rakesh Patel.