I like it

What I have seen in Fedora........

First off I have been running RH 8.0 for a year now, decided I needed to move on since support would stop Dec 31. This box is a Server only for Web, Email and etc. Looked at Gentoo and liked it but not the time that it takes. After week, just the core, I still had tons of Kernel errors but basically ran like a charm.

Said what the hell, try Fedora. I was giving myself 2 months to come with a replacement to RH. Started my first build the End of Oct on a test machine and went in smooth as silk. Two days later started to build the server on an extra HD on the server. Got the basics in and then ran across a problem with my NIC card. 3Com. Dropped it till I felt comfortable with disabling kudzu and went on my merry way. That was about a week ago. Since Nov 23 I pushed it a little and as of last night I am running on Fedora.

Some info here..

For most Major programs I use source. IE Apache, Postfix and ProFTPD. Got in the habit along time ago and can not let go of it.

The install was just like RH8.0. I only had to make one extra symlink for a total of 2 to get everything to work.

Guess its a keeper...

Doug