Re: mplayer plugin for mozilla in fc1

Mark Kirven wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:01:49 +0800, "Samuel AU" <runnersam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
said:

bdunne ??:

#debug=1
#logfile=$HOME/mpp.log
#vo=xv,x11
#ao=arts,esd,oss
#download=1
#dload-dir=$HOME/tmp
#keep-download=1
#noembed=1
#cachesize=256
#use-mimetypes=1
#enable-real=1
#enable-wm=0
#enable-qt=0
#enable-mpeg=0

You apparently don't have the use-gui flag in your mplayerplug-in.conf file (and everything else is commented out). So, the default behavior should take effect, which is "use-gui=no". If you want to make sure the plugin is not attempting to use gmplayer, you can add "use-gui=no" to the mplayerplug-in.conf file - it won't hurt anything. The only other difference my conf file has from yours is to make the plugin use Gnome's esd sound daemon (uncomment and set line to "ao=esd").

You can test to see if mplayer is properly streaming video by entering the following command at the shell prompt (Its the Daredevil trailer :-):

mplayer http://a772.g.akamai.net/5/772/51/20b9f288dddd83/1a1a1aaa2198c627970773d80669d84574a8d80d3cb12453c02589f25382f668c9329e0375e8177dec6493f758ca2f93f86ed743/daredevil-tlr_320.mov

That will confirm that mplayer can handle a QT video stream (as opposed to just playing a local file).

Cheers,
Bryan

My mplayer can view the video that mentioned in the link. However, there is no sound at all. So, how can I fix it?

Cheers,
Samuel

I have the same problem here with the sound. I used the apple trailers site for testing the plugin and don't get any sound. I have been to other sites that use quicktime and it does fine. So I don't know if it is just apples trailers or what. The windows media seems to always do ok.