NFS performance..

Hi,

I am looking at setting up a NAS trype server to provide a shared storage facility to my other servers..

So to connect from the Servers to the NAS box I will be using either NFS or Samba and seeing that it will be a linux only environment I figured NFS would probably be the way to go..

but..

From the tests I have done this morning it would seem that Samba is far faster (3x) than NFS in terms of write speed and about the same in terms of read speed.. I know that Samba probably comes fairly well optimised out of the box but I think NFS could probably do with some tuning..

I have tried mounting with rsize=8192,wsize=8192 but this didn't make any difference..

Anyone got any ideas or links to good NFS tuning sites.. (the how-to on nfs.sourceforge.net didn't help me much)

Later..