Coule of minor niggles.....

Don't know if anyone can help on these two, very minor, points:

(a) having spent years on Windows, I have loads of backups and stored files on CD, etc, that I sometimes need to access. If I copy them to the PC now, Knoqueror keeps giving me these "Could not change permission" messages. Any way to suppress them?

(b) KDE- why do I have to rename desktop icons twice before the new name comes into effect?

Bryan Anderson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>