Re: krb5-1.3.1 and fetchmail 6.2.5

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:37:54PM -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:
> > They're there if you have the krb5-devel package installed, 6.2.5 just
> > doesn't know that the symbol it's checking for in libk5crypto became a
> > private symbol in krb5 1.3.  Andreas Hasenack mentioned this on the
> > fetchmail mailing list, I need to reply there.
>
> Thanks, Nalin! I do have that installed. How do I get it to recognize the
> private symbol?

It's a private symbol, so you can't get the existing check to work --
because fetchmail doesn't actually use the symbol, it's easier to just
modify which tests configure performs.

The krb5-devel package includes a krb5-config script which can be called
to get the right compiler flags, and I prefer using that method whenever
it's offered by a package.  The patch I just sent to fetchmail-friends
modifies configure to do this, let me know if you need a separate copy.

Cheers,

Nalin