Re: SiI3x12A Fedora Core Install

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 02:58:53PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> I Can't comment on the SATA support.

SATA support for the Sil chipsets is ... spotty at best... I am looking
that the patch posted, and will give it a run, possibly to merge into the
AMD64 kernel.

> If 64-bit you might be better with a boxed set of RH/SuSE/Mandrake for
> x86-6.

Unfortunately none of these will most likely install to SATA drives on that
chipset at the moment.

> I think there is an x86-64 Fedora on the horizon - can RH experts
> comment?

There is an AMD64 Fedora Core on the horizon, look for a full status update
soon, and possible download location for a pre-test1 release. For now I believe we are only one major kernel gotcha away (I
implemented the missing ia32 syscalls yesterday).

Justin M. Forbes