Re: Evolution + files on a file server?

Douglas Furlong wrote:
On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 14:15, Edward Croft wrote:

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 09:06, Justin P. Steiger wrote:

I'm a noob, therefore I "reinstall" a LOT .. I use Evolution for the
most part, but I'm really getting sick of having to fwd all the e-mailI
receive to an online e-mail account when I get ready to install again.

How do I go about making Evolution seek it's files and folders from my
file server machine (XP)? At work we use Outlook and it seeks everything
from a central location so no matter the machine you end up up, you can
get your e-mail.

Thanks for anyand all help,
Justin

Next time when you partition the disk, create a separate home partition. This will allow you to keep all of your information. I did this with my home machine. When it came time to reinstall, I just reset that partition as the /home partition and told it not to format it. When Fedora came up, I had all my settings. A couple of minor tweaks and I was rolling. Just a thought Ed

The other option is to set up an IMAP server.

I am not sure what software you would use on a windows server, I doubt
there is a free solution.

Doug