Re: Real player

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 22:59, Ryan Daly wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 09:44, Ryan Daly wrote:
> > I just grabbed the real.com version of RealPlayer.  Works rather well.
> > I also grabbed the RV9 codecs and was able to view a clip and it looked
> > pretty good.
>
> However, after further exploration, I find that the realplayer dumps
> core while trying to listen to clips from BMG's site...

DRM protected content requiring a license? While it could be argued that
the Linux version of RealOne should be able to handle this gracefully
and exit, I don't consider this to be totally unexpected considering how
they don't want us to view that content.

> I couldn't get MPlayer to work with RP, either.

I think some really old RealPlayer files might work with MPlayer.

> I don't think this is a topic for this list, though.

Probably not.

--
Chris Kloiber
Red Hat, Inc.