Re: Suspend/sleep with 2.6

Steffan Henke wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Philip Balister wrote:

Does anyone know how to play with sleep/suspend using the 2.6 kernel?

The last time I booted 2.6-9, I used echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep for
"suspend to disk". Worked pretty well, although this depends on
your ACPI setup.
For ACPI, you have to tell the kernel to use ACPI and where to write the
RAM to (swap partition). There are pretty good docs out there.

Does this mean you are having "hibernation" (in terms of Windows XP) with your laptop? Did you succeed with going into hibernation just by closing the laptop (putting display panel down)?

I am curious and waiting for my Linux hibernate on my laptop. As for other things - video/modem/network - Fedora works well on my laptop.

Timothy.