Re: Usenet Gateway and More

Jess Anderson  said:

> And by the way ==> attn: list maintainer <== the non-digest
> and digest modes should be mutually exclusive; to judge by
> the one instance I've seen so far, the digest *also* gets
> sent to the non-digest people, which amoiunts to a
> large-scale duplication of the traffic.

You are mistaken.  That was probably someone replying to a digest version
without trimming the unneeded text out (hint, hint).

> But my point was to allow people to choose which parts of the
> total flow to read. As it is now, it's rather like trying to
> get a drink of water from a firehose. And both Debian and
> RedHat have a similar set of newsgroups.

The alt.os... newsgroups are not in any way associated with Red Hat.  As
has already been mentioned (more times to count) gmane.org has a mail to
news gateway that does carry this list.

--
William Hooper