Re: Web Forums

Mark Mealman wrote:

Are there any plans for some sort of official web forums for Fedora like what Gentoo has at forums.gentoo.org?

I know some people prefer mailing lists, but frankly having worked with only having mailing lists with Debian for 5 years and then having both a mailing list and web forums with Gentoo over the last year, I've found the Gentoo web forums to be invaluable.

A weekly newsletter, web forums for casual banter, mailing lists for more hard core work and the IRC channels for instant help I believe have helped Gentoo build one of the most solid user communities around, which in turn has made it one of the fastest growing distributions this year.

I see in Fedora a great technical base and a lot of growth potential, but is its community going to be restricted to just mailing lists and IRC? I think that would be a shame.

FYI, if you would like to create a Fedora forum: