Re: Installation Woes

Chris Sparks wrote:
Hello!

I have tried two different approaches to install Fedora to no avail. The first I bought CDs from CheapBytes and found that the installation would halt during installation from the first CD. I then downloaded the ".iso" images from a website (bonafide mirror) and burned new CDs and that too halted during isntallation. Is there some inherent problem with installation or am I not doing something that I need to do?

Chris Sparks

You haven't really told anyone enough to answer your question. As you can see, a large number of people have successfully installed Fedora
with no problems (and, of course, many have had great difficulty.)

First question to ask is this:   What is your computer environment --
processor / speed / ram  / drives?

mht

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
44 Binney Street,  ML105      http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!