Re: Package Management: Error installing packages!

On Sunday 16 November 2003 19:07, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am So, den 16.11.2003 schrieb Lawrence Houston um 18:31:
> > FC1 Users:
> >
> > Using "Add/Remove Applications" (Package Management) to install RPMs
> > directly from the CD-ROMs burned from Yarrow ISO Images used to install
> > FC1 (MD5SUM Verified), exits with the following Error Message:
> >
> >      Error installing packages
> >
> >      There was an error installing packages.
> >
> >      Exiting.
> >
> > This happens after placing the requested FC1 CD-ROM (1, 2 or 3) in either
> > the ATAPI Reader of the SCSI Burner???
>
> Known bug. You need to update to redhat-config-packages-1.2.7-1 if you
> haven't already.
>
> >   Sorry I could not find anything
> > relative to this issue, the UP2DATE and YUM Issues surfacing over the
> > weekend aside...
>
> I think this has been discussed a lot.
>
> Christoph

I recall this problem under the beta version. I could be wrong but I think in
my case what was happening, is that when you are requested to insert cd no. 1
etc, it gets auto mounted. I think I got around this by as root, unmount the
cd prior to clicking go ahead with install. I think another problem is that
the install program is looking for a cd labeled as RH cds different to the
ones you have burned.

Peter C