Re: Web Forums

Kevin, Mark,

I'm not a Forums kind of guy, and I think there may be a few more out there ... some of them people from whom you'd actually want to hear stuff!

For the sake of these people, I'm hoping that any Forums effort at least has some forum<->email gateway running, so that email-only people will have a chance to take part in the forum discussions. Barring that, it should probably be considered that, while growing the potential community by allowing forum banter, that some folks will never respond to messages that happen to be posted int he forums, just because they'd never see it.

While I am sure that some people wouldn't miss my shiny, happy posts, there are most probably some interesting non-forum people out there, and that's be a shame not to get their thoughts on an issue or two. So I'd advise either a gateway or a warning on the forum pages, but otherwise would throw my hand in with a forums effort that didn't take any time away from the current get-it-all-going kind of work.

 - bish

Kevin Francis wrote:

yea. forums would rock