Making RPMs?

Hey all,

I'm interested in information about RPMs. Specifically, I have a couple of programs that I've compiled that there seems to be a lack of RPMs for, and I'd like to contribute some RPMs to one of the yum repositories, but I don't know how to make RPMs.

Are there any howto's or utilities I should know about?

Thanks.