Re: Questions about Fedora

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On Nov 23, 2003, <sreis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3. I read somewhere that is is possible to use APT with Fedora. Is this
true ?

You can use RHN (up2date) and yum, I'm not sure about apt.

up2date can use apt repositories, and there are apt-compatible repositories containing Fedora Core 1 and its updates. There are apt packages available as extras for Fedora as well, in case you'd rather use apt command lines (or synaptic) than up2date.

http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ has the apt/synaptic stuff and freshrpms to boot - all works quite nicely. Download the Yarrow-specific version of apt first, download synaptic with apt, and you are ready for action. up2date is a pain in the posterior.

rg