Re: Session chooser before login

To follow up on my own mail: I forgot to mention that there is a way to
get the previous behaviour of gdm back: In /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf set
  ShowLastSession=true
which will give an additional entry "Last" in the session menu, giving
the user a way to get back to the choice of his last session. the
comments say:
# Normally there is a session type called 'Last' that is shown which refers to
# the last session the user used.  If off, we will be in 'switchdesk' mode where
# the session saving stuff is disabled in GDM

Fedora's default is ShowLastSession=false, so the "Last" choice isn't
there, and gdm doesn't save your selection for next time, depending on
(the totally broken behaviour of) switchdesk.

David Jansen