Re: Enterprise 3 and 12GB RAM

Yong Jae Choi wrote:

I have a Dual Opteron processors running with 12GB and Red Hat Enterprise 3. The system keeps crashing with 12GB but runs fine with 4GB. I have tried both Tyan and MSI boards. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

first things that pop into my head..

1. Have you tested all the RAM to verify there is not a flaky DIMM??

2. Is there a kernel for "bigmem" in RHEL and are you running it??

3. Phone RH support, if you have paid for RHEL ten you are entitled to support..

Later..