Re: HP PSC 2110

Santavy Peter wrote:
Hi Jim

I have an HP PSC 2110 scanner/printer/copier that is supported under
Linux using hpijs and hpoj (for sannning).  It has worked perfectly
under RH9, however in FC1, I can still print fine but scanning does not
work.  Xsane just says no scanners found.  I have these three RPM's
installed:

hpoj-0.90-19
libsane-hpoj-0.90-19
hpijs-1.4-11

I noticed that hpijs1.5 is out and hpoj-0.91 is out.  I just compiled
and installed hpoj-0.91, though it stil does not work.

I have ran /etc/rc.d/init.d/hpoj setup and it finds the PSC fine and
then I make sure hpoj is started with service hpoj start.

Has anyone gotten this printer or one of the other supported HP PSC
printers to work in FC1?

I use the device as scanner without any problem.

Installed RPM's:
hpoj-0.90-19
hpijs-1.4-11
libsane-hpoj-0.90-19

When I ran sane first time, I received the same message as you...

Then I have set it up by using:

su...
/etc/ini.d/hpoj setup

and after correct discovering of this usb device and setting as default
one, I could scan correctly.

I think you did the same steps :-(

Peter

My PSC2110 runs on FC1, it took awhile but reading man pages - sane,sane-usb,sane-dll helps. You can set up via :-

"ptal-init setup" or "service hpoj setup"

they both do the same thing.Check if 'lsmod' shows "scanner" "printer" if none of these use 'modprobe scanner'on mine I got the "cannot find module" and the module is in /lib/module/*/drivers/kernel/usb,"printer" is loaded in mine and I found that "libusb" and /etc/fstab/usbdevfs is mounted [see man sane-usb].

It takes persistence but it does work and well,my problem is flesh colour and enlarge/reduce in photos.

Have fun   david