Re: Wine

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:18:14 -0500
Demond James <djames1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok Charles,  explain how you got quicken to work.  All the details!  I
> can't even get it to install.

Sorry I can't give you much in the way of details, because this is the
same Quicken installation I've been using for *years* (I'm using Quicken
98 - just before all that internet integration junk was shoehorned in)  I
installed it under Windows 95 when I actually had a Windows partition on
one of my computers. All I had to do was tar up the quicken installation
from the Windows partition along with a couple of files from the Windows
directory and I was in business.

Note that I INSTALLED Quicken under the Windows side ... I've had terrible
luck actually installing anything more complicated than simple utilities
that merely need to be unzipped under wine.

One of these days I'm going to have to give in and start using gnucash ...
:)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/