Re: Nvidia DRI: real or myth?

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
    I'm told (from the DRI project site) that they don't support
Nvidia's DRI mechanism.  But it doens't say it doesn't exist...and I
think I have everything set up to allow it, but I'm not seeing a
speedup, though it's very well behaved.

Not sure what you mean, but having Load "dri" in XF86Config isn't going to enabe DRI for Nvidia cards using the "nv" driver. You need to install Nvidia's own drivers for hardware acceleration, which don't use DRI but another mechanism.

Go to http://www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia/, read the README, download and install the correct rpms for your machine. If you have any problems, talk to moZer in #fedora @ irc.freenode.net or post to this list.

/Peter