up2date and apt-get

> Or 'apt-get install xmms-mp3'. ;-)  I wish more people would make use of
> the sheer power of yum/up2date/apt.

That's what Peter pointed out, too, in the message you replied to,
because rpm.livna.org is an apt/yum repository. Look:

> > http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/
> >
> > But I can't emphasize enough the value of up2date and/or yum, so you
> > should really learn how to handle them.
> >
> > /Peter

I have been following this list for a bit and am looking at
migrating to fedora.  I have used up2date with RHN alot and
have once used apt-get.  They both download and install RPM's
and keep track of what they have installed and that is excellent.

Is there any documentation which describes their relationship and
interactions?  That is, if I update something via apt-get, will
up2date be aware of this?  There is alot of discussion on using
up2date and apt.  Is it better to pick one and stick with it, or use
either one, or is there an algorithm to determine which to use in
a particular case?

Thank you for any help