Httpd passworded directory problem

Hello all,

OK. I'm slowly getting things working here.

On my old version of httpd, I included in my /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf
file:

##
## access.conf -- Apache HTTP server configuration file
##

# This is the default file for the AccessConfig directive in httpd.conf.
# It is processed after httpd.conf and srm.conf.
#
#
<Directory /blah/blah/>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "The passworded directory"
AuthUserFile /blah/blah/passwordfile
require valid-user

This used to work under RedHat 9, where it forced you to log in to acces
sthe directory. Now, the directory is unprotected. Did something change
with this version of Apache? Yep, the password file is still there.

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***