Re: Wavs play, MP3s don't

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Brian Connolly wrote:

> Sorry.  This is probably another dumb question.
>
> Wavs play as well as system sounds.  But I cannot seem to get MP3s to
> play no matter how hard I try to configure.
>
> Thoughts?

Red Hat, as a rule, doesn't ship its media players with MP3 capabilities.
It has to do with the potential for having to pay royalties to the MP3
patent holder.

You can download an xmms-mp3 rpm, which will add MP3 playback capability.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit