Re: 4x Page printing

Scott Baker wrote:

My windows HP drivers allow me to take whatever page is printed and mux
it so it prints 4 pages on page of paper.  This is pretty handy for
printing out long text files.  4x pages per page double sided really
saves a lot of paper.  Is this possible with CUPS?  Any way I can
conserve some paper?

Don't know whether CUPS can do it automatically, but you can send the Postscript file first through mpage. Use

 mpage -4 FILE | lpr

another option is lp -o number-up=4 -o prittyprint <filename>

I haven't ever used mpage, so it may be nicer, but the above works. There are several other options you may be interested in. take a look at the lp man page.

have fun!