Re: Graphic display window interaction/corruption

Mike Klinke wrote:
On Monday 17 November 2003 13:19, Philip Balister wrote:

Does it look like this:

http://www.balister.org/~balister/bad_screen.png

Whoa! Nothing so bad! That would have driven me nuts .......

Here's my symptom:

http://www.futzin.com/vertical_lines.jpg

Look at the vertical lines at the top of each window.

Regards,  Mike Klinke

I have a desktop that has a similar chipset and similar processor. (Coppermine 800 MHz)
The KDE desktop has variable colors within the text. (black is black with variable redish tinted areas.)

With GNOME, no such problems are noticed. My resolution is a bit higher on the desktop monitor.

My thought is that it is not accessing the memory correctly and is probably only related to the KDE environment.

If you have GNOME installed, can you see if it has the same symptoms or if it works alright?

Jim

-- In the stairway of life, you'd best take the elevator.