Re: OT: RE: Top posting and "no subject" messages.

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 20:49, Nix, Robert P. wrote:
> Just to take the other viewpoint, I prefer to have the newest material
> at the top of the post. If I've been following a "conversation", I
> don't want to have to relive the whole thing just to get to the next
> piece of information.

Yes some people do "over quote", which it makes it a laborious task
finding the newest reply, but still, isn't that a bit like reading the
end of a book first, to see the outcome, without reading the preceding
chapters first? Additionally, this paragraph you are reading now would
look a bit odd if I hadn't quoted your paragraph above. It would look
like I was speaking to myself :)

> On the subject line issue

> There's one that's been going that the subject says something about
> smoke and such...

Yes, I must admit, I still don't understand the title, even after
reading the posts.

> Now.... What this possibly has to do with Fedora Core 1 or RedHat 10
> or whatever.... I have no idea. Can we get back to the tech stuff and
> quit harping about how people type?

Ok, how about this:

I see you're using KMail. I've never tried (or even seen it) until 5
minutes ago. It looks pretty good, but I'm used to Evolution now so...

KMail does have the ability to wrap text, please consider using it for
the sake of people reading this in plain text mode. Also, although KMail
does place the cursor on the second line from the top, the signature
*is* at the bottom already and the "you wrote:" quote header is at the
top, so it is as simple as moving your cursor to the bottom to proceed
with a correctly formatted message.

And sorry, but I have to agree with Elton; your sig is waaaay to big.

Just my friendly 2c

--
[H]omer