configure fails to find existing packages

 Hello there,
      I have tried to build a couple of programs in Fedora which fail,
with configure unable to find packages which do exist.
e.g.  gweled ( http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gweled )

 The error in this case is as follows:

>checking for libgnomeui-2.0,librsvg-2.0... Package libcroco was not found in the pkg-config >search path.
>Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcroco.pc'
>to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>Package 'libcroco', required by 'librsvg', not found
> >configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0,librsvg-2.0) not met; consider adjusting >the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so >pkg-config can find them.

Now I DO have libcroco-0.3.0-1 installed.

  Anyone any ideas?
         Bill