Re: Blue Tooth File Transfer...?

Am Di, den 18.11.2003 schrieb Mark Derricutt um 02:28:
> How does one use the bluetooth file transfer applet thats shipped with
> FC1?  It runs, but doesn't seem to have any configuration settings, and my
> phone doesn't find the PC when I look for Blue Tooth devices...
>
> Mark

Hi!
Make sure, all necessary bluez packages are installed:
bluez-libs - Bluetooth libraries
bluez-pin - D-BUS Bluetooth PIN helper
bluez-sdp - Bluetooth SDP libraries and utilities
bluez-utils - Bluetooth utilities (!)

optional:
bluez-pan - Bluetooth PAN
bluez-hcidump - Bluetooth HCI protocol analyser

go to /etc/bluetooth
enter a pin in pin
values in hcid.conf should be ok
#/etc/init.d/bluetooth start

You should now be able to see your pc from the phone.

optional:
setup the file rfcomm.conf, for the values of your phone do:

#hcitool scan
#Scanning ...
#       00:0A:D9:38:53:01       T610
#
#sdptool browse 00:0A:D9:38:53:01
#Browsing 00:0A:D9:38:53:01 ...

Start the app. Incoming files will be saved to your home.

Christoph