evolution missing components following error

Whenever I start evolution I get the following error:
Cannot activate component OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_ExchangeStorage_ShellComponent :
The error from the activation system is:
Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

Following that:
  - default shortcuts don't work, those that I've created are missing
  - there's no way to access my exchange server via connector - no folder, shortcut, etc.

Thanks, Clif