Re: OT: Thoughts LVM usage.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:58:59PM +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> I could not work out how to extend the / filesystem after I extended the
> LV containing / .. It wanted the  / partition dismounted before it would
> extend the filesystem.. I tried to do this by booting CD 1 in rescue
> mode and the trying to extend the filesystem using resize2fs which
> simply gave me the error saying it would not extend..

Ext2/Ext3 does not include online resizing, though there are experimental
patches on SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=303834&group_id=3834&func=browse

Several of the other journaling filesystems support online expansion,
including Reiserfs and XFS.

You ought to be able to resize Ext3 from the rescue disks.

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky