Do we know what happened?

I know about the bug and how to fix the problem with the fedora
repository, but has there been any official word about what happened?

I've looked through the archive over the fast few days and only see the
complaints and the fixes.

It would be nice to know what and why, especially since I've been trying
to generate a little good word.  I don't like having to say, "Oh yeah,
great desktop system, but you need to edit these really confusing
looking files first."
--
TJ DuVally

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x15F233F6