Re: sendmail masquerading

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 10:44, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> We have 40 clients served by ab NIS server. We could like mail sent
> from the clients to show the return address of the server. That has
> always been done with the DM macro of the sendmail.cf file.
> I changed an uncommented the masquerade line in the sendmail.mc file:
> MASQUERADE_AS(`cs.trinity.edu')dnl
>
> What seemed to be the correct DM macro line was inserted in the
> sendmail.cf file by the make. But it does not work. The return address
> still includes the name of the machine.
>
> What have I done wrong and what can I do about it?

    Just to check...you *are* making all the changes to the .mc file,
right?  Then running that line at the top of the .mc file to process
it?  I was forever changing the .cf file and wondering why changes
weren't happening...

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262