problem with internet via ethernet

having just installed fedora on my ibm thinkpad it all worked fine except the audio so i thoght il just download oss and to my distress my internet dose not work iv been scratchin me head for a good hour now figurin what the hell is wif this pile of internation buissness machines head for some reason it picks up my router and even shows the user friednly http display on mozzila but seems not to like the internet dosent ping anything but 192.168.1.1 anything else it dosent like i used to have no problem on rh9 can some one give me a soloution (a one i can understand baring mind im not a trained c programer as most forums seem to forget)
thanks very much for ya help i aprciate it !
- Jonathan Christison