Up2date and Arjan's 2.6 test kernel

Hi folks,

I've been running fedora (FC1) since it was released, and test 3 before
that, and am happy with it.

I want to try arjan's test kernels from

http://people.redhat.com/~arjanv/2.5/

I read through some threads on the mailing list, and it seemed the best
solution would be to just use up2date (since the config is already there).

So I uncommented that line from the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file, and
ran "up2date kernel-unsupported" (not 100% true - it took a LOT of reading
to find that I had to run "up2date --nosig kernel-unsupported").

It seems to downloade the kernel and install it fine, but it doesn't
appear to install anything - "rpm -qa | grep kernel" shows the
kernel-unsupported RPM there, but there's no change in /boot/ or in
/boot/grub/grub.conf

I've searched google for answers but have yet to come up with a solution.
Anything blindingly obvious I am doing wrong?

-dan