Re: Package Management: Error installing packages!

A.J. Bonnema wrote:
shrek-m@xxxxxx wrote:

# rpm -Fvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/redhat-config-packages-1.2.7-1.noarch.rpm

How come this one isn't in the regular update directory yet? Does it still have issues?

Guus.

I have wondered how the program ended up in test, instead of updates, myself. The first rpm was faulty, but passed QA. The second version works, but is not QAed, therefore, not in updates.

I understand it from a managerial aspect and from a quality standpoint. However, QA processing for this feature improvement should be more streamlined.

Since this program runs as root user and could possibly trash your system. I can understand the testing location from a practical standpoint, after typing this response.

From those that have installed programs with the updated version, is everything still normal with your systems?

Jim

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.