yum up2date

As you will see I'm new to this having recently installed RH9 and planning to migrate to Fedora. I use the Up to Date icon which came with the original install. Now that RH9 is to be abandoned, I want to know how to get Yum installed so I can get automatic updates w/ all dependant files. Is there a tutorial or basic instructions in general terms showing what files or rpms I need to get for Yum and how to install them so that I click an icon and get everything updated.

I've checked Google, this mailing list and the Red Hat usenet group but everything assumes that Yum is installed and running. There is no man page for Yum.