Freeze during or soon after boot (was NTFS rpm: sporadic freezing on boot)

This was NTFS rpm: sporadic freezing on boot… but now since I’ve uninstalled it, I am not so sure.  The problem continues.

Someplace between the local host login and clicking on the first app launch, there’s a high probability that the system will freeze up.

Any thoughts where to begin?  I just need a little direction to even begin t troubleshoot.  Does that symptom sound like anything?

Brian Connolly