Re: is fedora for me ?

On Saturday 15 November 2003 03:12 pm, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:

> Two years ago, I set up a local apt-enabled mirror of Red Hat 7.3 and
> its updates. Installing was done via ftp, the kickstart file did
> everything but partition the drive. It installed apt before
> rebooting. A quick "pat-get update && apt-get upgrade" and the
> machine was ready to be used. Nowadays, I would use yum, easier to
> use.

Just adding to the thread to point out that it's easy to get the
kickstart file to partition and format the drive; we reguarly send
kickstart files across the country to build systems, including drive
formatting.

On most systems all you have to do is uncomment the comments on the
section of kickstart that does the drive partitioning and formatting.
We also have one "growable" partition (in our case /home) to allow for
different size drives.  In some extreme cases we've manually changed
partition sizes by manuallly editing the kickstart file.

This has come in especially handy when creating software RAID mirrors,
which are a pain with Disk Druid.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation