Re: Instalation

Timothy Murphy ha scritto:
On Saturday 15 November 2003 17:24, Arnaldo - - CT1DGC wrote:

I have the Redhat linux 9 installed and I want to migrate for Fedora
core 1.
Which it is installation type recommended by the members of this group:

- Upgrade to FC1 without uninstalling RH 9?
- Or a clean installation?

I think it's much simpler to upgrade.
If that doesn't work for some reason you can always install.

Personally, I've no wish to set up all my config files again.

made both upgrade and fresh installation....both machines are firewall/router/samba.
I suggest to go fresh, installation files are very few (a backup of /etc/directory and /home directories will help)...
In any case upgrade broke something in samba from 2.2.8 to 3, so I had to clear it and reinstall...that was very smooth on fresh installation.
On the other hand re-installing mail from my previous Mozilla 1.5 didn't go well, maybe my fault...not sure about it.
If you do not have tons of additional application, I would go fresh immediately

Antonio

 Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
 Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org