Re: Instalation

I did not get any indication of which partition was at fault in either case.

Timothy Murphy wrote:

On Saturday 15 November 2003 17:33, David Both wrote:

I tried upgrading a test box with Red Hat 9 to Fedora Core 1. This
attempt aborted with an anaconda error indicating that I was out of disk
space. Not likely on a 120GB hard drive with very large partitions, but
I decided to do a fresh (everything) install and created VERY LARGE
partitions for all file systems. Again I got the same error message that
I did not have enough disk space. And when I say LARGE partitions I mean
/boot was 512MB, and all other partitions were 2BG to 6GB depending.
/usr was 6GB and / was 2GB.

When I installed without sufficient disk-space, Fedora told me exactly which partition was not large enough (in my case /usr.share) and how much space I needed (49MB), Didn't you get these messages?

--

David P. Both
Let us use our minds, not our weapons.

Web Sites