Re: Instalation

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 11:24, Arnaldo - - CT1DGC wrote:
> Hello
> I have the Redhat linux 9 installed and I want to migrate for Fedora
> core 1.
> Which it is installation type recommended by the members of this group:
>
> - Upgrade to FC1 without uninstalling RH 9?
> - Or a clean installation?

I did both and agonized over which to use.  Because of setup
differences, I decided I preferred the fresh install and am now using
that, keeping the upgrade around for a while.

I don't think there is any "right answer" to the question.  If you have
a lot of third party stuff installed, the upgrade might be beneficial to
save you setup time.  If you upgrade, you will have to separately
install anything that is new in Fedora if you want it.

Gerry