Re: mysql startup

Ryan Rothert wrote:

After an upgrade of a RH9 box to Fedora I get this when trying to start MySQL.

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL:                                            [FAILED]

However, even though the script says it FAILED, mysql seems to be running just fine.

Any thoughts on howto correct this? Thanks,

Ryan Rothert