CD don't start

Hi to all

I have already a FC1 on my computer ...
it came from a RH9 -> severn1 -> severn2 -> FCtest -> FC1, with all
updates by network (up2date/yum) ... and some extra packages.
I want to refresh it all upgrading or reinstalling FC1 from CD.

I download all 3 ISO of FC1 and burned it,
after boot from CDROM and hitted <enter> at prompt I see for few second
the message of loading vmlinuz and initrd with some dots, then screen
clean (all black) and on the top left there is only the blinking cursor,
no more ...

I try also 'linux nofb' at prompt but nothing change

the computer is a ASUS A7V-E MoBo, Athlon 1400, nvidia TNT2 ...

what can be the problem ???

thanks to all