Count-to-three and shut down

A few weeks back I noted in the fedora-beta list that, after selecting
Log Out -> Shut down, my screen darkens in three distinct top-to-bottom
passes with maybe a 1 second pause between each. At least one other
Severn user reported seeing the same thing.

I'm not sure if this is XFree86 video driver-related, or perhaps
something in the window manager. It's not a critical problem, but it's
very visible. If anyone else has done any diagnostic snooping, and knows
what package contains the fault, I'll be happy to post the problem to
Bugzilla.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL