Re: Real/Functional names in KDE/GNOME menus

Tomas Trejbal wrote:

I would like to see "real names" of apps in the start menus rather than "funcitional names". I prefer "Mozzila" to "Web Browser"... How is this possible? Trully, I don't plan rename all the entries one by one :o)

It appears that these icons don't point to the real apps, but a launcher script which checks user preferences (or global defaults) for browser, mail program, editor, etc. If I were to choose Epiphany or Opera or Lynx as my default browser within my preferences, "Web Browser" would apply to any of those.

-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)