Re: Fedora on the server

i'd suggest you hang on to RH or Debian for a while. Fedora has lots of bugs. I can;t even get to compile a kernel successfully on this.

Dave Oxley wrote:

My company is buying a new Dell server (2x2.4GHz P4 Xeon, 2Gb RAM, 73Gb RAID 1 SCSI) for our production customer facing web site and I have been trying to decide on which Linux distribution to use. It needs to run Apache, tomcat, sendmail, mysql, php and bind and have minimum downtime. We normally have about 25Gb of HTTP traffic a month, but is likely to double over the next 12 months. I am not fussed about having paid for support (that's my job!)

I was going to choose RH9 (after deciding against Debian), but I just found out about Fedora. Is Core 1 suitable for this type of environment? Or would you recommend I go with RH9 or Debian.

Cheers.