Re: are wifi profiles possible?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Brian Millett wrote:

> Hello,
>   I've been using wlan-ng for sometime with redhat 7-9 with my miniPCI
> prisim2 card (Harris Semiconductor|Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset).  Wlan-ng
> works very well.  I have started trying to use the fedora core built in
> orinoco_pci.  I can not setup multiple profiles.  If I add a new
> profile, ALL profiles contain the same changes.

using redhat-config-network you can do a 'copy' of the device/setting
for the wireless card (for eg: - if you have eth1 - wireless - it will
create eth1copy0)

Now you can edit this copy - change the name/wireless setings.

In your profiles - you can then select (first field check-box) either
the original or the copy - to be part of the profile (or not use
multiple profiles - and enable the correct device directly from the
default profile)

Satish