RE: up2date behavior

> Incorrect.  rhn-applet checks for new files in the repositories
defined in
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.
>
> You are probably getting confused because there is a bug in rhn-applet
> that it doesn't like URL redirects and the default URLs are redirected.
> There is a bug in bugzilla for it and a listing of URLs that do work if
> you don't want to wait for the fix.
>
> --
> William Hooper

Actually, I failed to notice the redirect problem altogether.  I
beleve my confused come from the "Register with RHN" box.  I
would imagine that is used to sync you updates with RHN.

Are there any plans to remove this??  or to make it function??

D. Lee Rose
---
Rose Computer Solutions
Geek enough for all your IT/IS needs.